How to Whitelist in your email account(s)?
A whitelist is a list or register of those that are being provided a particular privilege, service, mobility, access or recognition. Only those on the list will be accepted, approved or recognized. Whitelisting is the reverse of blacklisting, the practice of identifying those that are spammed, denied, unrecognised, or ostracised.(Reference), so [whitelist an email address] means to accept this email address in your email account, and the emails sent from this email address will not be sent to your [Spam] folder.
For Gmail Account:
- Open your gmail account
- Click the gear wheel in the right corner. When a small window is popped up, select [Settings]
- The settings page is shown up. Select [Filters]
- The [Filter] page is shown up. Click [Create a new filter] at the bottom.
- Enter firstname.lastname@example.org into the box of [Filter From], Click [Create filter with this search]
- A separate page is popped up for you to select how to deal with the incoming mails: To whitelist: Select [Never send it to Spam], then click [Create Filter]
- The setup result is shown up. Congratulation! The emails coming from email@example.com have been whitelisted in your gmail account.
For Yahoo Email Account:
There are three ways to whitelist an email address in your Yahoo email account:
A. Method A:
If you see email from someone you want to add to your whitelist, highlight it and click Not Spam.
B. Method B
Add firstname.lastname@example.org in your contact list:
B-1 After you open your Yahoo email account, Click [CONTACTS] and [New Contact] on the left corner,
B-2 In the box of [Email] enter email@example.com and click [Save]